Posted by Terry on May 21st, 2008
00:32 Dave introduces the show
02:43 The debate about social media as a cultural or technological revolution begins. The understanding of the tools or the the understanding of the culture; which is more important?
03:49 Keith gets a dig in at Dave for having issues with last week’s podcast
04:07 Dave references Kate Trgovac
04:53 Dave talks about Joseph Thornley’s Social Media Roundtable , MESH and speaking at MESH about podcasting with Doug Walker. Doug Walker hosts the Shill Podcast with Dave and writes the webwalker blog
08:19 Welcome to the main topic of the show: PR Agencies and How They Need to Change. This topic was brought up in reference to a blog post by Todd Defren – developer of the social media press release.
09:52 Dave and Keith discuss the “5 thoughts on the future of PR“:
- Agencies must become comfortable with the personal branding of employees
- Agencies need to do a far better job training staff
- Agencies have to explain to clients that mistakes will happen
- Agencies must help clients move from reactive to proactive to interactive
- Agencies must reconsider their core value
40:30 Dave wraps the show
This week’s episode was produced by Samantha Lovelace.