On this week’s Inside PR, Gini Dietrich provides practical advice to the PR practitioner on the importance of SEO to media relations and earned media. PR practitioners understand much more than algorithms. And we must combine our media relations expertise with SEO best practices to ensure that we maximize long term exposure for our clients’ content. The cost of failing to do this will be the incursion of SEO experts into media relations.
Also this week: Open Government, open engagement and open data activists from around the world gathered in Ottawa. So did the grand committee of countries looking at the practices of the social platforms. But it doesn’t matter how many countries come together in one place — Mark Zuckerberg responds to no flag but his own. He was, once again, a no-show.
- The Open Government Partnership
- OGP Summit 2019
- Ottawa hearings show there is a political will to regulate big tech – but will it spur change?
- Media Relations: Increase your search engine optimization, Gini Dietrich
Subscribe to the Inside PR podcast
We’re trying to be wherever you want us to be. So, you can subscribe to Inside PR on the most popular podcast apps.
- Subscribe to Inside PR on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to Inside PR on Spotify
- Subscribe to Inside PR on Google Play
It’s your turn.
We’d love to know what you think about the topics we discussed as well as your suggestions for questions you’d like answered or topics for future shows.
- Leave a comment on the Inside PR Facebook group or the FIR Podcast Network Facebook group,
- Send us an email or an audio comment to [email protected],
- Interact with us on Twitter. We’re @inside_pr or connect directly with Gini Dietrich, Joseph Thornley, Martin Waxman and Dan York.
- And, of course, you always can leave a comment below this post.
Please rate us on Apple Podcasts
We hope you like the podcast as much as we like making it for you. If you do, we have a favor to ask: If you like this podcast, please rate us on Apple Podcasts.
Thank you to the people behind Inside PR.
Mr Zuckerberg was otherwise engaged by Joseph Thornley, Gini Dietrich, Martin Waxman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.